401: oral pathology
The course is aimed to enable the student to understand:
1. basic terminology of oral pathology & application of basic concepts of pathology.
2. the pathological features of common oral diseases & disorders.
3. the general principles & relationship between the pathology of oral diseases & disorders & their presenting signs & symptoms, treatment & prevention.
4. the common methods to study the nature of oral diseases & their application in the provision of a diagnosis & prognosis, in monitoring treatment & research.
5. the geographical, social, economic, age & structure consideration that may have special significant for the patterns of oral diseases in the community.
- Introduction to oral pathology.
- Immunology of the oral tissues.
- Dental caries.
- Diseases of the pulp & Periapical
- Injury & repair to the oral hard & soft tissues.
- Diseases of the periodontium.
- Developmental dental abnormalities: etiology; clinical & histological ; radiological features & diagnosis.
- Connective tissue hyperplasia. etiology; clinical & histological ; radiological features & diagnosis.
- Odontomes: etiology; clinical & histological ; radiological features & diagnosis.
- bone diseases.
- Mucuctaneous diseases & dermatitis.
- Cysts of the jaw & oral soft tissues.
- Premalignant lesions, conditions & neoplasia.
- Salivary gland pathology
- Salivary gland neoplasm.
Read more ... Click here