Clinical Master of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Program Outline and Course Description
The candidate after successfully passed the first part will be enrolled in the following:
|First Year||Credit Hours|
|Basic Medical Science||6|
|Statistic and Research Methodology||3|
|Computer and InternetSkills||1|
|Basic Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeryand Radiology||3|
|Basic Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support &Basic Surgical Skills||2|
|Clinical Oral &Maxillofacial Surgery||15|
|Second and Third Years||Credit Hours|
|Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Diagnosis And Treatment Plan||3||2|
|Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Clinical Practice||20||20|
|Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Multidisciplinary Clinics||2||2|
- Graduate Resident responsibilities include:
1. Teaching and training of 4th and 5th year students in the oral and maxillofacial Surgery clinic.
2. Preparation of a Master’s Thesis.
3. Clinical Management of : Dento-alveolar Disorders, Fractures of the Facial Skeleton, Disorders of the Temporomandibular complex, Orthognathic Surgery – Orthodontic/Oral Surgery Interface, Disorders of the Oral Mucosa including; Benign, Premalignant and Malignant Lesions, Odontogenic andNon-Odontogenic Cysts, Space Infection, Inflammatory Bone Conditions, Giant Cell andFibrosseousLesions, Disorders of the Face and Jaws, Salivary Gland Diseases, Pain of Non-Odontogenic Origin and Craniofacial Disorders.
4. Appropriate attitudes to professional and clinical practice.
|Dr. Abbas Gareeb Alla Abdalla||Dr. Yousif Osman|
|Dean Faculty of Dentistry||Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Degree Coordinator|